Leverage 10+ years of creative, technical, visual design and development experience in a leadership position within a dynamic Design Team environment that delivers high-impact software capabilities while enabling professional growth.
Senior Art Director, User Interface Designer & Web Developer
- Aligned to the EVP of Marketing and Product development, Creative Department and Project Leader for $6B+ global trading platform. Daily transaction volume in excess of 1 million. Project budgets range from $100K to $2M with team sizes of 5-15 individuals.
- Established standards and design framework along with supporting infrastructure for use on multiple website and web applications.
- Account Management Re-engineering; streamlined and simplified the brokerage portfolio funds management application, the core toolset used by clients to manage their accounts and execute transactions. Led joint application design sessions with the EVP, Software Engineers and the core design team to ensure understanding of standards while driving consistency across the new application. Used by 300K clients globally supporting multi-language and cultural capabilities.
- Introduced a 3-tier architecture framework, leveraging an innovative middle layer to speed development and simplify support. The improved application and associated architecture enabled the private labeling of our core trading platform adding +100K accounts to the portfolio of clients a 25% increase.
- Re-designed the corporate web identity Interactive Brokers Group leveraging new standards while utilizing latest responsive frameworks ensuring proper content display on desktop, tablet and other mobile devices.
- Marketing website and content; designed and programmed front-end web development of over 3,000 pages supporting foreign language variations. Simplified overall menu structure and page content. Leveraged search engine optimization techniques to score top ranking page results in Google.
- Client prospect web application; design and development of optimized front-end enabling prospective clients to easily complete forms on any internet connected device, the enhanced workflow grew new client acquisition by 50% in the first quarter post launch.
- Recruited by the University to teach design and development coursed focused on web and mobile content design, construction and deployment technique.
- Develop challenging curriculum, class and project assignments for Junior and Senior design students, class size 8-15 students.
- Lead conceptualization and redesign of “LEGO Shop”, worked in conjunction with Marketing to leverage branded advertisements as part of the new design and functionality.
- To enhance collaboration, traveled to Denmark to work co-located with the core brand team to refine design concepts and reduce project cycle time.
Mac Specialist & Presenter
- Engage retail customers to enable outstanding customer experience by reviewing product capabilities and functionality.
- Promoted the Apple brand via exceptional service consistent with Apple’s industry reputation for best-in-class products and service.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Communications Design with a Minor in Art History from the Hartford Art School at the University of Hartford. Graduated Cum Laude (3.46 GPA)
Honors and Awards
2006 - Urban Forest Project
Times Square, New York, NY
1 of 185 designers worldwide selected
2006 - CADC Annual Design Awards
Silver Award Recipient in Student Category
2006 - William Wondriska VCD Technology Award
2006 - Honors Society Undergrad Research and Creativity Colloquium Award Recipient
American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA)
Connecticut Art Directors Club (CADC)
Expert proficiency in all aspects of web, mobile and print media design including:
- GUI design and application integration.
- Logotypes, typography, stationery systems, corporate business identities and branding, advertisements, banners, interactive and dynamic content rendering.
- Expertise in Mac OSX and Microsoft operating systems.
- Expert in the use of development tools including: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Dreamweaver and Animate.
- Proficient knowledge of HTML and CSS for desktop and mobile development.